Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tre Scalini Ristorante - Bethlehem

To celebrate my graduation from graduate school, my husband treated me to a wonderful Italian dinner at Tre Scalini Ristorante in Bethlehem. Their website is: http://www.trescalini.net/ They state to have Italian/New American style dishes, which I would agree. I am not sure if their menu changes, but when we were there it was heavy on the Italian dishes.

I had a handmade noodle with a bolognese sauce, it was quite wonderful. I was not expecting the large portion that we did receive. Most smaller places like this tend to give smaller portions of handmade pastas, but not here. My husband had a dish with capellini, scallops and shrimp in a sherry sauce. I am not a seafood eater, so I did not try his dish. He stated that he enjoyed it. (I had the larger portion of the two dishes!)

The restaurant is a converted home and the dining area looks to be the old living room of the house. There is a charming fireplace that looks original to the home. There were only 12 tables, so not too many people can dine at one time. We arrived early (and were the youngest people there!) and were asked if we had reservations. We did not, but were seated right away.

Overall, we had a wonderful dinner and were pleasantly surprised! The only negative comment (and may not be negative) was that our sodas were from a can (we heard them opening!) Not a big deal to us, but some people may find that honky!

No comments:

Post a Comment