Wednesday, April 28, 2010

TK's Sushi House - Kutztown

Today for the first time, I tried sushi! I have watched friends eat it for many, many a lunch and have always wished I could eat it (and be cool liek them) but I don't like seafood. They have offered to let me taste theirs, but I have either declined or had to throw it away because I did not like it. Well, today one of those friends convinced me into going to TK's and trying something they call a volcano roll!


TK's is a wonderful little spot on Main Street in Kutztown (sorry they don't have a website). They have a great sized menu and from the comments that I have heard from my group of friends (who eat there at least once a week) they love it! It is a small place with maybe 10-12 tables and then a bar type seating area in front of the chef who makes the sushi. The staff are very nice and provide you with great customer service. They learn their customers names and remember their preferences. I have a friend who will only use low-sodium soy sauce and they remember that!


I tried the volcano roll. Now, you must remember that I do not like seafood and this was my first official visit to a sushi house. The volcano roll (pictured below) was cream cheese & crab meat rolled in seaweed and then rolled in sticky rice and then deep fried and then covered in a spicy sauce. (By the way, this is no where near what I should be eating since I am on Nutrisystem!) It was incredible! Not only was I excited to eat sushi & like it, but I was now "in the sushi club."


For my first blog entry about a place in the Lehigh Valley I am happy that TK's takes that number 1 spot. I will return to Kutztown, with my hubby, and eat there again.


2 comments:

  1. Being one of your veggie loving friends, you should really try the veggie rolls: avacado, cucumber, sweet potatoe tempura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! haha I'm so happy you had a good experience!

    ReplyDelete